Saturday, July 9, 2016

Thrunite TN40 vs Thrunite TN36-UT - Flashlight Beam Battle



Throw or flood for a flashlight? Thrunite TN40 the throw king versus Thrunite TN36-UT the flood king, who wins? I have to try it out and do a real life comparison!  In this setup, I can see that even you say the Thrunite TN36-UT is a flood king, it might be just because we cannot see the beam in the air, but then, if you pay attention to the license plates on the cars in this comparison video, you can see that the Thrunite TN36-UT did lit up a lot of those license plates from far away too. It just cannot light up the road as much because the road is black and dark in color.



It was a surprise and a shocking thing for me, because I don't expect the light to be able to light up things that far away before making the video too. I thought the Thrunite TN40 is the only throw king here, but somehow the TN36-UT also throws a bit!  Stunning!



If you have only a choice to bring one light with you when you go out at night, what will you choose? I personally will choose the Thrunite TN36-UT due to the size. At least I can holster it on my hip and not worry about a big "head" sticking out. If I am going on a trip, then maybe the Thrunite TN40 in the car will be better.



My fans for the self defense crowd were asking me which one will be better for self defense at night. I said - the Thrunite TN36-UT. Just shoot it out and it will basically cover everywhere already. The flood is so powerful, no matter where you are, you will not be able to see a thing already, you don't need to really focus the beam into the person's eyes to blind them anymore. It's so powerful and it requires no aim-ing skills!



No comments:

Post a Comment